How to unlock
To unlock Little King Zero, simply complete the "Lost Chapter", Angel Slayer.
Alternatively, you can "purchase" him with 5 million Halos at the Character unlock cheat phone.
- PS3: Up, Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Square
- Xbox 360: Up, Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X
- Wii U: Up, Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Y
Damage and Health
Health damage is calculated differently for Little King Zero. He takes exactly 7900 damage from all attacks no matter how weak they are. This means a grab attack from a Decoration and an axe swipe from a Beloved will be equally as damaging for Zero. This also means that he will be reduced to 1 HP (an empty bar) from every attack unless he earns his last health bar extension - since 8000 HP is the maximum health for all three playable characters. By earning the last Witch Heart fragment, Zero's HP will increase from 7900 to 8000, which means he will effectively be able to survive three hits instead of two. Because Little King Zero takes so much damage from attacks, it is important to make use of the fact that no character in Bayonetta can be killed if they have any more than 1 HP. The following lists several ways players can take advantage of this to survive:
- Items: Along with Bayonetta, King Zero can survive unlimited hits as long as his health is always replenished out of the danger zone (a blank health bar) before the next hit. Items from the inventory work normally to help Little King Zero, including yellow lollipops (invulnerability), green lollipops (replenish health), and red hot shots (save from death). Upon death, the "Continue? Yes/No" option will still appear just as normal, allowing the player to restart at the last checkpoint within the chapter.
- Star of Dineta: It should be noted that any amount of healing, no matter how small, is enough for Little King Zero to take the next hit without dying. This means that completing a taunt with the Star of Dineta equipped heals Zero enough to survive an extra hit even if his health bar is empty.
- Very Easy Difficulty: Little King Zero's health will begin to regenerate after a few seconds on the "Very Easy" difficulty setting, just like Bayonetta and Jeanne. This means Little King Zero can take unlimited hits, as long as enough time passes between hits for him to begin regenerating health.
Because Zero takes 7900 damage per hit, earning higher-level medals in Verses is much more difficult, since damage taken calculates into the player's final score. Ironically, the higher Zero's HP before getting hit, the more his damage score suffers. Until he earns his final HP extension, gaining health with Zero is actually more of a hindrance than a help when trying to earn high-level medals.
Little King Zero always has the ability to summon the same "Little Devils" that Bayonetta and Jeanne require the Infernal Communicator to summon by holding the punch and kick button down at the same time. Even if no accessories are equipped, Zero retains this ability. This can be both helpful and unhelpful:
- Advantages: Little King Zero can equip any two other accessories and still retain the ability to summon Little Devils, effectively giving him access to the bonuses of three accessories at once (and four counting the Immortal Marionette), instead of just two if Bayonetta or Jeanne were to have the same ability.
- Disadvantages: Because holding punch and kick will always tap into the bonus typically given by the Infernal Communicator, other accessories (most notably Pulley's Butterfly) will always be less effective for Zero. Regardless of what else Zero is equipped with, he will never be able to summon more than two butterflies with Pulley's Butterfly (vs. Bayonetta/Jeanne's five butterflies), greatly decreasing the accessory's effectiveness at shielding Zero from enemy attacks. Likewise, he can never have more than one shadow aiding him through Sergey's Lover (vs. Bayonetta/Jeanne's two shadows).
The Infernal Communicator, unfortunately, applies no added bonus to the effectiveness of Zero's summon, rendering the accessory completely useless for him. It is recommended players learn to effectively utilize accessories that do not require the "hold punch and kick" activation when using Little King Zero.
- Little King Zero moves faster along the ground than Jeanne and Bayonetta while running or skating with Odette, but does not move any faster using Beast Within.
- Little King Zero has a dodge limit just as Bayonetta does; his fifth dodge will be a big air flip.
- Little King Zero appears to have slightly more difficulty stunning enemies with non-Wicked Weave attacks if his Little Devils are not summoned.
- Little King Zero performs the same as Bayonetta when it comes to earning magic through dodging, activating Witch Time, and earning points. Because players who are able to unlock Little King Zero will likely have no problem maintaining a reservoir of magic at all times thanks to his magic-earning dodges, it is recommended players make use of his Little Devil summon as frequently as possible.
- Little King Zero does not speak any words. He only speaks through grunts, sighs, ticks, and growls. During the final climax against Jubileus however, he will shout an echo-ish, undecipherable incantation to summon Queen Sheba.
- While playing as Little King Zero, weapons will appear to be floating at his side as his model does not actually hold anything in his hands other than his scepter. Also, Zero uses the same weapons as Bayonetta.
- Little King Zero will always be jittering and spinning his scepter no matter what the game is doing, even during cutscenes he will twitter about.
- If you something to tickle your funny bones, use this character through the whole game.
Bayonetta (Gallery) • Jeanne (Gallery) • Zero • Enzo • Rodin (Gallery) • Luka • Cereza (Gallery) • Antonio Redgrave • Umbran Elder • Rosa • Father Balder (Gallery) • Jubileus the Creator
Masked Lumen (Gallery) • Loki • Loptr • Aesir
Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One
Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive
Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy
Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth
Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba
Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia
Golem • Fortitudo • Temperantia • Iustitia • Sapientia • Father Balder • Jeanne • Jubileus the Creator •
Gomorrah • Valiance • Glamor • Masked Lumen • Valor • Insidious • Prophet • Alraune • Balder • Loptr • Aesir • Rodin, The Infinite One