Chapter VI: The Gates of Paradise is the sixth chapter of Bayonetta. Bayonetta finds herself landing in a sacred, and restricted area of Vigrid along with a formal introduction to Cereza, a little girl who is the capture target of the angels.
Proving Ground Ruins
You'll start off in a small area surrounded by trees. Run forwards towards the door and break it down. Once you do so then Ardor and a few Affinities will appear (multiple Ardor and 4 Affinity on Hard/Infinite Climax). Remember that Ardor is agile and has fast sword swings, the swings get faster and more agressive once the shield is broken. Ardor is also weak to air attacks but will try to counter those with his leaping attack.
Verse 2After they are defeated pressure plates will rise up. You will need to quick touch all of them in order to open the door. To do this you will want to go back to the stairs you had come from and use Panther Within to run across the three plates. Once you have the door will open and you can go through, there will be a brief cutscene. Now you'll be in a large cavernous area with water at the bottom and a rocky platform in the center. Jump onto the platform and inspect the statues, this will prompt a fight between a pair of Inspired. Remember, Inspired can be stunned easily just by shooting them with your guns, once they are down try to do as much damage as possible.
The angel will recover after a few brief moments so be quick. Once it has recovered it will try to swipe you with its tail or shoot fireballs. You will need to keep your eye on the second Inspired. Try to focus on one angel then move onto the other. Trying to take them down at the same time can be difficult. You will also have the chance to counter. If you do then you will jump onto the angel's back and use a multitude of Wicked Weave Punches before doing an uppercut. After the uppercut you will grab Inspired and slam it into the ground to kill it. With the second one just deplete its health and summon Malphas again.
After the pair of Inspired are defeated the statue will be fixed. Activate the statue to get into Witch Time. Now jump across the water platforms into the ruins. Once inside you'll be greeted with a group of Dear & Decorations (supported by Fairness on Hard).
Once they are defeated it'll show you a brief cutscene. Spike traps are now active so you must get through them to reach the other side, once on the other side break apart the rubble and the pressure plates will now be usable. The spike traps simple require timing and watching for patterns in the spikes. The first one is simple. The spikes appear in a vertical pattern, you can cross the center or the opposite side of where the spikes are. The second set goes in a counterclockwise pattern, the best time to cross is when the spikes are at the bottom right corner. The third set is a descending spear head pattern, in order to cross you will need to start moving as soon as the last row of spikes begin to fall. The last set is exactly like the first except it is in a horizontal pattern, simple walk behind the spikes to get across.
Once you break the rubble and pull the lever you will be greeted with Applaud and a group of Affinity (3 Applaud + some Affinity on Hard). After they are defeated the pressure plates will be primed. Just like before you will need to use Panther Within to hit all the plates and open the door.
Alfheim level serves as this verse.
Climb the stairs until you reach a door, here you will face Grace and Glory (only Glory on Hard). Remember, these two are fast and will constantly move. Keep your eye on them both. Focus on one at a time and try to stun them (at the same time would be best), once stunned you will get in few more hits. You can also use Beast Within to quickly move around the battlefield. Once they are defeated another pair will appear, you must fight them to continue.
After you have defeated all the angels run outside. You'll get a brief cutscene, once you step onto the bridge a group of Affinity will appear backed by an Applaud. Once they are defeated another group of Applaud (3 Archer Applaud on Hard) will appear.
Verse 6After they are all defeated you will need to use Panther Within to run and double jump over the bridge gap. Once on the other side you'll watch a cutscene. After the cutscene you will now have to protect the little girl. You will be fighting a group of Affinity supported by Applaud (several waves of Affinity then Applaud on Hard). Try to get them all to focus on you, use your guns if you have to but the key to keeping the girl safe is being fast (especially if you want the achievement). Using techniques like Break Dance will do a decent amount of chip damage while also keeping you mobile or you can use the angel's pole arm to do a pole dance, this will do decent damage in a relatively large area. Gaze of Despair will make them focus solely on you so this could be useful on harder difficulties, only problem is that the enemies are more ferocious with that accessory equipped.
After you have defeated all the enemies it will go to a cutscene to introduce the little girl as Cereza.
Vigrid - Ruins
After the cutscene you'll go outside. Climb the stairs and you'll be in a fight with a group of Affinity. Be careful because Cereza can be injured in the fight, you will need to protect her as well as defeat the angels. Once you have run into the tunnel.
After some distance a large Beloved will break through the wall. You need to outrun it, to slow it down go to any dumpter or car and activate it in order to throw the item at the angel. It'll slow down only for a bit. You will have to run down the tunnel and break open gates, you must also protect Cereza as you do this.
Paradiso - Glimpse of a Temple
Verse 8After the cutscene you will be faced with a pair of Fearless & Fairness (there will be a second set after the first on Hard). Be warned that Cereza follows you as you move around the area so if one of the angels uses a swipe attack or lunges for you it may hurt her. This fight can be tricky if you aren't fast, Cereza has the tendency to get close if you are doing combos so you may be forced to either attack them quickly or take your time and use guerilla tactics to hit them then back off.
Once you have finished them off you will walk back to where Beloved was. It'll go to a cutscene then you'll face off with the angel. Remember this angel is slow but does a lot of damage. Instead of just its regular sweeping attacks this angel has the tendency to stab the ground with its axe if you are attacking its front. Beloved is very large so you will have to double jump if you wish to reach the node on its back. It will also stomp more often and due to the smaller fighting space you don't have as much room to maneuver. The angel will also call upon a sort of meteorshower by dropping fireballs on you so watch for the glow on the floor.
After about half its health is gone it'll go to a brief cutscene then the fight will resume. Take its health down then use and Umbran Climax to summon Gomorrah.
Now you need to chase the Bayonetta clone down through a ruined tunnel using Panther Within. Be careful as you proceed there will be laser grids that will try to be in your way, if you though these you can be hurt. There are several types: horizontal, diagonal and wide spread. The horizontal ones will either be close to the ground or up in the air. The diagonal ones have the tendency to appear in anywhere and will spin as they move. The widespread ones will fan out so you will need jump through the gaps at the top or bottom.Once you get through there you will watch a cutscene. After you come out of it be ready to move, the clone will attack immediatly after it ends. The clone can do a lot of serious damage as well as combos, your best bet is to be quick and to stun her. When she is stunned you can damage her.
After half the health is gone it will go to a short cutscene to introduce the clone as Joy. After the cutscene ends you will be fighting Joy in its angelic form. Joy is very fast and has a multitude of attacks from melee to long ranged attacks. They also have the ability to make a copy of itself, this copy will have full health and can damage you like a regular Joy (on Hard Joy will split herself and make the copy).
Joy can form a whip and even a sword, this whip has a very long range and acts similar to Kulshedra; it can hit you from a distance, stagger you while you're in the air or simply knock you out of the way. The sword is very similar to Shuraba and its attacks, it has fast sword swings and can do plenty of damage if you are hit. Joy will even form its own pistols and feathers. These pistols are used in a very similar fashion as Jeanne by doing wide arcs of bullets and the feathers are similar to Bayonetta's Crow Within.
Vigrid - Air Force Base
Verse 10After beating Joy then head through the Paradiso portal and cross the bridge. You'll watch a cutscene. This will end this chapter.
Antonio's Notes Locations:
- Verse 1: Before you follow the stairs down to the door the book will be on the right. (Entering Vigrid)
- Verse 4: After you activate the pressure plates and run out the door the book will be on the stairs. (Notes On The Topic Of Magic - IV)
- Verse 8: The book is on the path immediatly after escaping Verse 7. (Purgatorio, Center Of The Trinity)
- Verse 10: After you see your score for Verse 9 go out the door. The book will be on the right of the Paradiso Portal. (The Angel's Banquet Hall -Alfheim)
- Verse 10: After you exit the portal the book will be on the right side just past the two large statues. (Prominence Bridge)
Arcade Bullet Locations:
- If you replay the level then bullets will replace any Hearts of Pearls you had found previously.
- Verse 1: As soon as the level starts the chest is behind you.
- Verse 1: After you defeat Ardor then double jump up the left side wall and wall climp up. The chest will be there.
- Verse 2: After you open the door and see the cutscene, jump down on the left side into the water. There will be a pile of rocks, destroy the rocks to get to the chest.
- Verse 10: After you defeat Joy go behind the Paradiso Portal. The chest will be there.
Broken Moon Pearl Locations:
- Verse 4: Reward for beating the Verse 3-4 Alfheim level.
Broken Witch Heart Locations:
- Verse 1: After you defeat Ardor then double jump up the left side wall and wall climp up. Break open the chest to get the Heart.
- Verse 10: After you defeat Joy go behind the Paradiso Portal and break open the chest for the Heart.
Golden LP Locations:
- Verse 1: As soon as the level starts turn around and break open the chest. (Les Patineurs Waltz op.183 part I)
- Verse 2: Located soon after the first, in the area where you fight the two Inspired. Near the entrance there's a pile of rocks; destroy these to reveal a chest containing the LP piece. (Les Patineurs Waltz op.183 part II)
- Verse 9: Reward for defeating Joy. (Les Patineurs Waltz op.183 part III)
- After you collect all three pieces you can unlock Odette
Umbran Tears of Blood Locations:
- Verse 2: As soon as you enter the cavern the crow is on the left side. Use Panter Within to reach it.
- Verse 7: After you've been chased by the Beloved, the crow is to the left of the gate near a bench. You may need to use Panther Within and then jump towards it to grab it.
- Verse 4: After you have finished the Alfheim the crow is on the bridge along the right hand rail.
- Verse 9-10: After you rescue Cereza; before you head through the Paradiso portal the crow is on the left side in the treeline (just look a little to the left of the portal and move foward). You may need to use Panther Within to run and get close enough.
Non-Stop Infinite Climax:
- Verse 2-3: After you have defeated the angels the crow will be located immediately to your right in the rocks of the wall. You must use Crow Within to fly there.
- Verse 3-4: After you have gotten through the area with the spike traps and killed the angels, return to the beginning where you first fought the two Inspired. The Portal will be at the very end. (Reward: Broken Moon Pearl)
Video (all items can be found on any difficulty, only exception is the Umbran Tears of Blood)
Bayonetta (Gallery) • Jeanne (Gallery) • Zero • Enzo • Rodin (Gallery) • Luka • Cereza (Gallery) • Antonio Redgrave • Umbran Elder • Rosa • Father Balder (Gallery) • Jubileus the Creator
Masked Lumen (Gallery) • Loki • Loptr • Aesir
Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One
Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive
Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy
Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth
Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba
Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia
Golem • Fortitudo • Temperantia • Iustitia • Sapientia • Father Balder • Jeanne • Jubileus the Creator •
Gomorrah • Valiance • Glamor • Masked Lumen • Valor • Insidious • Prophet • Alraune • Balder • Loptr • Aesir • Rodin, The Infinite One