Chapter IX: Paradiso - A Remembrance of Time is the ninth chapter of Bayonetta. In this chapter, Bayonetta falls into Paradiso, the home of Angels, and must navigate her way out while being stalked by a menacing spherical construction.
Paradiso - Graveyard of Remembrance
Verse 1You will now be in Paradiso. After the cutscene you will need to use Panther Within to do a running jump and reach the floating platfrom in front of you. Once there keep going forward until you reach the edge, beyond it there should be floating angelic symbols. Jump on those towards the tree, jump into the area and prepare to fight. You will be met with Ardor (wielding a keyshaped sword) and a pair of Applaud (both wielding an instrument).
Ardor behaves the same as before but the Applauds have a specific way of attacking. They'll fire a long thick laser (in the same fashion Affinity shoots fireball out of their instruments) in a wide flat arc. Simply jump up and over or dodge away. If you kill one you can pick up the weapon, when you use it it'll be spun around you like hula-hoop while firing the laser (smaller and purple in color that spins in 360 degree range).
After the group has been killed take the key that Ardor was using and go up to the statue in the middle of the area. Use the key on it.
Alfheim serves as this verse.
Verse 3Now that the statue was activated with the key you will need to climb the golden rings up towards the sphere. Once on the statue's sphere you will be faced with an Applaud wielding a key and a group of Affinity. After you have defeated the group then take the key and put it in the statue that is located on the bottom of the sphere you are on.
Once the key is used then the sphere will spin around until its upright then summon another golden path. Jump onto the path and follow it.
Verse 4You will end up on a circular platform with a stony walkway leading down. Once you start going down a large ball shaped thing will begin to roll after you. Use Panther Within to outrun it. Along the way you'll encounter angels, ignore them. As you run you will be targeted with a laser, dodge it and keep going. You will need to dodge the laser in order to activate Witch Time, Witch Time will slow time down long enough to give you a good amount of distance from the rolling sphere (its quite fast and can easily outpace you if you don't use Witch Time or use Panther Within).
Once you reach the end of the path you will go through a Quick Time Event to jump across the gap to escape the sphere. You will now be on a platform with a pole and gears.
Here you will need to attack the strange metal wall until it falls off and forms the missing gear. Once you have you will need to activate it then pole dance in order to spin the large mechanism. This will connect a golden bridge so you may cross.After you cross you will be in a plaza from Vigrid. Here the ball will return and split the key apart into five pieces. You must now break all the chests in order to get the key pieces. Be warned, the ball will try to hit you, when it does you'll be temporarily flattened plus three out of the five chests have another enemy waiting with it. Watch the ground for a golden glow, when you see the glow move because that is where the sphere will land and be prepared for the chest holding either Grace, Glory, or Fairness (Gracious, Glorious and Fearless on Hard).
Verse 6After you have gotten all the pieces of the key you will need to place it in the statue that is near where the angelic border was. Once its active it will produce a path of spinning golden symbols, hop from one symbol to the next until you reach the platform.
Run a little ways down the path, you will now be introduced to Kinship. This angel is very large and quite dangerous (it'll also only be found in Paradiso levels). They are very powerful, and have the ability to launch a salvo of homing missiles, shoot a destructive laser beam, and attack any you with a chain claw, so you will want to be careful when this angel is around. To beat it you will need to jump onto the ship's deck and attack the node on the back, as you do so another Kinship will circle and try to attack you in order to support its twin.
Once the first one is defeated you must now go for the second. When a Kinship is defeated its charred remains will float wherever it was killed so you may use it for either cover or as a platform to jump from. Either way, attack the other one.
Alfheim level serves as Verse 7.
After Kinship is defeated you will need to run towards the newly formed statue. Just like in a previous chapter you will need to Witch Walk up the statue and jump through the hole. As you fly there will be tentacles and Inspired in the way. You must dodge the Inspired but for the tentacles if you hit the large node then it will just break. (Destroying all of these tentacles will give you the achievement Naughty Tentacles.)
Once you land you will be immediately confronted by a group of Joys (another will appear after you have defeated one then they'll begin to split). Defeat them to move on.
After you have beaten Joy then run up the stairs, be careful because the sphere from before will appear and try to crush you when you reach a flat spot while climing. At the top of the stairs you can either enter the Gates of Hell or continue onward. The next part is to follow the golden path again, be warned though this path has the tendency to have gaps so you will need to watch for them. (If you take the stony path that is to the right of it you find stone angels, these statues are actually Affinities and an Applaud so when you attack them they will break and the angel inside will attack you. Once they are defeat Verse 9 officially ends)
Verse 10At the end of the golden path there will be a small platform. Do NOT rush onto it. The sphere from before will appear and hop on it for a few seconds, once it disappears cross quickly. You'll be following more golden paths and hoping onto golden symbols a few more times, each one will eventually be linked to another small platform. After a few platforms you'll land on a solid rocky pathway, follow this path. Beware that there will be more smoke snakes crisscrossing in front of you. At the end of this run you will come to a medium sized open area.
It'll go to a brief cutscene to introduce Golem. There are only two Golems in the entire game, the second is much later. This creature can be very difficult to defeat due to its abilities. Golem can take the form of your own Infernal Demons, namely the Dragon, the Crow and a pair of hands. Its only weakness is its core, the core is only exposed when it takes the form of a demon. The problem lies with the fact that Golem changes form very quickly and if it uses Crow form then its hard to reach the weak spot. Golem does moderate damage with every hit.
Your best bet is to wait till its a pair of hands then dodge and activate Witch Time in order to slow time enough to reach the core; or to wait until it turns into the Dragon, when it does then dodge the bite, activate Witch Time and finally assault the core. After all it's health is gone, you must summon Hekatoncheir, who will proceed to beat Golem before causing it to explode.
If you are looking for a full clear of this chapter then backtrack, otherwise run into the crescent building to complete the chapter.
Alfheim serves as this verse.
Antonio's Notes Locations:
Arcade Bullet Locations:
- Verse 1: Before you jump into the area with the tree head right, the bullet will be on a rock near a low wall.
- Verse 2: After you have defeated Ardor and Applaud there will be a Gazebo in the area. The bullet is inside.
- If you replay the level then bullets will replace any Hearts of Pearls you had found previously.
- Verse 1: After you jump on the two platforms do NOT jump into the area with the tree, on the left you can jump down and run along a grassy path.
- Verse 2: Immediately after you defeat the group of Ardor and Applaud there will be a path going to the right of where you had entered. At the end is a door with a sun symbol. Break the door to get the chest.
- Verse 5: Story related.
- Verse 6: Immediatly after you jump from the symbols the chest will be in the center of the platform.
- Verse 7: On the left side of the area after the Verse 6 Kinship (before the large ornate ramp).
- Verse 9-10: Once you reach the part where you are near the Gates of Hell instead of following the golen path use Panther/Crow Within to jump/fly across the gap onto a stony path. Follow it to a door with a sun. Break the door to get the chest.
- Verse 10: After you have beaten the Golem the chest will be to the left of the door.
Broken Moon Pearl Locations:
- Verse 7: In a chest on the left side in the area after you beat Kinship.
Broken Witch Heart Locations:
- Verse 1: After you jump on the two platforms do NOT jump into the area with the tree, on the left you can jump down and run along a grassy path. Break open the chest to get the Heart
- Verse 6: Located in the chest in the middle of the platform. Break the chest to get the Heart.
- Verse 7: Reward for Alfheim level.
- Verse 10: After you have beaten the Golem the chest will be to the left of the door.
- Verse 11: Reward for Alfheim level.
Golden LP Locations:
- Verse 1: Once in the courtyard, go right and destroy the door with a sun symbol (where you go in Chapter I) and break the chest. (Walkürenritt or Messiah, HWV.56 part I)
- Verse 6: Reward for defeating Kinship. (Walkürenritt or Messiah, HWV.56 part II)
- Verse 9-10: If you jump onto the stony path (the path will have angel statues to fight), follow it until you reach a door with a sun symbol on it. Break the door to find the chest. (Walkürenritt or Messiah, HWV.56 part III)
- After you collect all 3 pieces you can unlock Lt. Col. Kilgore.
- Note: In some cases you may receive Messiah, HWV.56 in place of a Walkürenritt piece.
- This may be due to having previously collected it. Or it varies across consoles.
Umbran Tears of Blood Locations:
- Verse 1: After you jump onto the golden symbols, take a left. The crow will be on a small hill near three jars.
- Verse 5-6: After you reconstruct the key the crow at the edge of town near the statue. You may need to use Panther Within to get it.
- Verse 10-11: After the defeat of Golem go to the left of the building. The crow is near the chest.
- Verse 2-3: While you are on the large circular platform the crow will be located to the left of a trio of pottery, it'll be above the stone railing.
- Verse 9: On the path that has the stone angels (its to the right of the golden path you need to walk on) the crow will be above the railing near the Applaud statue (its an Applaud statue on Normal difficulty)
- Verse 6-7: After you have defeated Kinship there will be one that has the crow on its deck.
- Verse 9: In an area where the sphere tries to crush you, you will see a building with 3 windows across from your area (near the sphere's crater) the crow is over on the building's 2nd window. You must use Panther Within's run and double jump then Crow Within to reach it.
- Verse 2: Immediatly after you defeat the group of Ardor and Applaud head towards the stone stairs. At the top is a large door with a sun symbol. Break it to get to the portal. (Reward: Broken Moon Pearl)
- Verse 6-7: After you have defeated the Kinships there will be a non combative one to the left, jump onto its deck, the portal will be on a golden symbol off in the distance, you MUST use Crow Within to reach it. (Broken Witch Heart)
- Verse 10-11: After Golem's defeat run all the way back as far as you can. The portal will be in the arena you fought the group of Joys. (Broken Witch Heart)
Video (all items can be found on any difficulty, only exception is the Umbran Tears of Blood)
|Bayonetta (Gallery) • Jeanne (Gallery) • Zero • Enzo • Rodin (Gallery) • Luka • Cereza (Gallery) • Antonio Redgrave • Umbran Elder • Rosa • Father Balder (Gallery) • Jubileus the Creator • Eva|
|Masked Lumen (Gallery) • Loki • Loptr • Aesir|
|Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One|
|Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive|
|Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy|
|Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth|
|Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba|
|Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia|
|Golem • Fortitudo • Temperantia • Iustitia • Sapientia • Father Balder • Jeanne • Jubileus the Creator •|
|Gomorrah • Valiance • Glamor • Masked Lumen • Valor • Insidious • Prophet • Alraune • Balder • Loptr • Aesir • Rodin, The Infinite One|