PlatinumGames, Inc. is a Japan-based independent video game development company. It was founded under the name Seeds, Inc. on August 1, 2006 by Shinji Mikami, Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya, the former key members of Capcom's defunct Clover Studio, and still retains many other former members of the studio.
The name of the studio is named after the element platinum, a metal renowned for its high quality that keeps its luster forever.
In a recent interview with IGN, Hideki Kamiya stated that if given the opportunity, he would like Platinum Games to become a 2'nd Party Developer for Nintendo.
List of games developed by Platinum Games
- Madworld (Nintendo Wii, 2009)
- Infinite Space (Nintendo DS, 2009)
- Bayonetta (Xbox 360/Playstation 3, 2009, Wii U, 2014)
- Vanquish (Xbox 360/Playstation 3, 2010)
- Max Anarchy (Anarchy Reigns outside of Japan) (Xbox 360/Playstation 3, 2012)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Xbox 360/Playstation 3/Microsoft Windows, 2013)
- The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo WiiU, 2013)
- Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo WiiU, 2014)
- The Legend of Korra (PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/PC/Xbox One/Playstation 4, 2014)
- Transformers: Devastation (PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/PC/Xbox One/Playstation 4, 2015)
- Star Fox Zero (Nintendo Wii U, 2016)
- NieR: Automata (Playstation 4, 2016)
- Scalebound (Xbox One, 2017)
- On the stage where Bayonetta fights Jeanne on a missile, a building with Platinum Games logo can be seen.
- another PlatinumGames logo can be seen in the epilogue of Bayonetta 2 if one looks closely when Loki's card is caught in the wind.
- To celebrate the release of the Bayonetta amiibo a member of the PlatinumGames staff brought in their entire SSB4 amiibo collection to the main PG Office building.