|This page or section contains spoilers!|
Balder, the Tyrant Sage
|Alias||Masked Lumen, Tyrant Sage, Father Balder, Master of the Heavens|
|Born||October 25, 1379, Vigrid|
|Family|| Rosa - Wife|
Cereza/Bayonetta - Daughter
|Occupations||Formerly; CEO of Ithavoll Group|
|Affiliations||Formerly; Ithavoll Group, Loptr|
|Eye Color||Silvery Blue|
|Hair Color||Creamy White|
|Pact with||Angels of Paradiso|
|Weapon(s)||Holy Glaive, Magic|
|“||We may not see our next step, we may stumble, we may fall off the path. But we always move forward! That is the power of man! Bayonetta, shall we illustrate?||”|
–Balder to Aesir
Balder (known as the Masked Lumen) was the main antagonist of Bayonetta and a major character in Bayonetta 2. He is the father of the game's titular protagonist and his past self acts as Bayonetta's rival.
Being the bearer of the Right Eye, Balder was a noteworthy member among the Lumen Sages who brought upon the Clan Wars five hundred years ago when he and his wife, Rosa, conceived a child and broke a sacred law among both the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches, facing exile and being known as the lone survivor of his clan. He was falsely believed to be one to have started the Witch Hunts after the war.
In the present day, Balder is the CEO of the Ithavoll Group, having become evil after trapping the soul of Aesir, and conspires to revive the dea, Jubileus, and awaken his daughter's Left Eye to remake the reality in his own image.
Balders acts as the penultimate boss in Bayonetta and one of the bosses in Bayonetta 2. He is also a playable character in Tag Climax.
Hierarchy of Laguna
- "A tyrant of a man, motivated purely by self interest, who 500 years ago incited the witch hunts, annihilating not only the Umbra Witches, but also his fellow Sages. Balder also used his magical abilities to take control of the captured Jeanne.
- Named after the Norse God of Light, Balder showed promise in becoming a powerful Lumen Sage; however, he broke his clan's one unbreakable tenet of faith, consorting with an Umbra Witch, begetting a child.
- It was all a ruse to take possession of The Eyes of the World, the overseers of history that had previously been equally divided amongst the clans. During the following 500 years, Balder gathered the devotion of his pious followers. Now his ambitions have reached their climax, placing the last remaining Sage on the cusp of a universe anew, as he and Bayonetta, bearing his own very blood, become the Eyes of the World to resurrect Jubileus, the Creator, and unify the Trinity of Realities.
- Their fate nearly decided; who will truly see it through to the very end?
- -Vigrid Chronicles, Final Chapter. Avellaneda"
- "According to Vigird Chronicles of Avellaneda, the 500-year struggle between the Umbra and the Lumen ended with the defeat of the last remaining sage at the hands of two Umbra Witches. Yet, as if to mock these records, a masked man appeared before Bayonetta with the power of heavens and the swiftness of light.
- The Lumen had not perished.
- The True Vigrid Chronicles
- A bright light seeps through the mask's crack. It is a light unlike anything else found on Earth--the light of the Right Eye. Long ago, a tyrannical man was said to have led the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages to their demise. Legends claim he killed his wife, sabotaged his daughter, and deceived the people, all for the sake of building a new universe with the Eyes of the World. He was said to have achieved an omniscience almost equal to that of a god. How this main came to obtain this ambition remains unknown, yet a glimpse of the truth can be seen in the fragment of history the Prophet revealed to Bayonetta. A young man had been called from the Vigrid of 500 years past to modern day. In his hands he held a weapon ready to strike at his enemy. His name is Balder. Later, he would have been known as the Tyrant Sage. In the Prophet's vision, however, he seems only lost in rage, seeking revenge for the death of his wife, Rosa.
- -Chapter 4
- The True Vigrid Chronicles
- "My dear, sweet child... Fear not, for I am always watching over you..."
- The True Vigrid Chronicles
His true appearance is that of an attractive young man with long, creamy white hair and silvery blue eyes. Possessing a light skin complexion, he usually also dons a monocle on his left eye.
As the Masked Lumen, he dons a polished, golden mask in the shape of a stylized sun with nine circular indentations arrayed symmetrically across it. In addition to this, the Masked Lumen wears a white robe lined with gold patterns and red, diamond-shaped patterns that extend into a chain of sorts near his legs and down his sides. Gold, metallic rings appear at the base of the Masked Lumen's arms, and white boots made from leather with golden-tipped toes cover his feet. In his battle form, he appears much the same with the exception of an excess amount of peacock fathers adored around the backside of his robes. 
After his descent to evil from trapping the soul of a newly made Aesir without his good will, his attire changes slightly. Now adorned with peacock-like spikes behinds his back, he dons a new monocle in which appears similar to a mask that covers the left side of his face.
Balder in modern day has pale skin with a bluish tint. He wears a white robe and coat that are covered in gold patterns; a gold mask covers the left side of Father Balder's face. The corrupt Lumen Sage wears a monocle over his left eye, and a peacock is draped over his shoulders. The bird's feathers arch around the antagonist's neck.
During battle, Balder abandons his coat, and the gold patterns on his robe glow blue. Balder sprouts wings comprised of several peacock tail feathers. When he fought Bayonetta, he also had Cereza at the center of his chest.
Born into the Lumen Sages clan, Balder was named after the Norse god of light and showed promise in becoming a powerful sage. At some point, he would fall in love with Rosa and despite their sacred laws, married one another.
Together with his wife, Rosa, Balder conceived a daughter and named her Cereza. This act broke the tenet that was believed to have kept the delicate balance between the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages in place. As punishment for his actions, Balder was exiled from his clan while Rosa was imprisoned as a result. Their actions led to the Clan Wars, with the Umbra Witches emerging victorious and most of the Lumen, save for Balder, killed.
Approximately twenty years after the Clan Wars, he was told by the light of a planned 'rebellion' by the Umbra Witches now that the Lumen were no longer able to keep them in check. He agreed to head to Vigrid to make sure this didn't happen and help enact the Witch Hunts with the belief of stopping their rebellion. However, while in Vigrid with Rosa, he learned of the deception told to him by Fortitudo, who expressed the desire to eliminate both the Sages and Witches to reclaim the Eyes of the World from their grasp. As he prepared to help a dying Rosa, a mysterious boy with silver hair attempted to kill Balder, but his wife intercepted the attack and was struck down instead. With her dying breath, Rosa begged Balder to watch over and protect their daughter.
While grief-stricken, Balder was snatched away by a mysterious power and is taken 500 years into the future.
Bayonetta 2 (Past)
Balder found himself atop the sacred mountain Fimbulventr. Here, he met a man who calls himself the Prophet, who claimed to have known who killed Rosa, not privy to himself being manipulated. He uses his powers to track Loki, whom had met the Umbra Witch known as Bayonetta. Fooled into believing Loki is the one who killed Rosa, he believes to recognize him from the Prophet's projection and travels to Noatun in order to kill him.
Finding Loki in Noatun, he then proceeds to attack the boy. Loki is rescued from his attacker by Bayonetta; the Umbra Witch is shocked to discover that the enigmatic individual is a Lumen Sage, for she thought they had gone extinct when Father Balder perished mere months ago as a result of her actions. Unknown to his true identity, he is designated as the "Masked Lumen" and battle. As they are evenly matched, the Masked Lumen's first battle with Bayonetta ends in a draw.
The Masked Lumen appears before Bayonetta once again within the demon Insidious; he attempts to kill Loki once again when he sees that the boy has been incapacitated but is intercepted by Bayonetta once more. While they battle, Bayonetta notices a lipstick container hanging around the Lumen Sage's neck. When Loki awakens, the boy uses a card to damage his pursuer's mask. The Masked Lumen is revealed to be in possession of the Right Eye; before the man can do anything else, Insidious explodes as a result of his second clash with Bayonetta.
At the real Gates of Hell, Balder returns with a spiritual projection of Loptr at his side. He removes his mask and reveals his face to Loki to remind the boy of his crimes. Meanwhile, Loptr uses the Remembrance of Time to show Bayonetta that the Masked Lumen is truly a younger version of her father, Balder, and learns that Balder was not truly the one responsible for the start of the Witch Hunts. When Loki opens the Gates of Hell and escapes to Inferno with Bayonetta, Balder follows.
In Inferno, Balder makes another attempt at killing Loki, only for him to be saved once more by Bayonetta. Balder grows irritated at her repeated intrusions in his quest to kill Loki, shattering his mask, as he makes one final attempt to permanently kill the Umbra Witch and proclaims that as a Lumen Sage, he will kill Loki. Gaining the upper-hand in their fight, Loki is overtaken by a mysterious power and accidentally sends them both 500 years into the past.
It is back in the past that Balder realizes he has been deceived. Revisiting the moment in which Rosa is critically injured, this time directly by Loptr, remaining at her side for her final moments. As Bayonetta pleads for Balder to return to her present time, Rosa tells Balder to protect their daughter as she will awaken her power as the Left Eye before dying in his arms. Accepting her death, he travels back to Bayonetta's present time to stop Loptr's quest of obtaining Loki and the Eyes of the World.
Balder forms a temporary truce with Bayonetta; he travels on top of a jet with her and Jeanne at mach speed to the top of Fimbulventr in order to stop Loptr from realizing his plan to once again become the God of Chaos, Aesir. Along the way, the sage is curious about Bayonetta's knowledge of his true name and finds that both angels and demons have seem to have formed an alliance. He helps Bayonetta slay the obstacles in their wake, reaching Fimbulventr.
At Fimbulventr's peak, Balder and Bayonetta witness Loptr moments away from stealing his Soverign Power. Loptr speaks to Balder, seemingly adhering to his "promise" and gives him the opportunity to finally kill Loki. Instead, Balder strikes Loptr, now aware of his attempted deception. As Loptr attempts to strike down Bayonetta as she goes to Loki's rescue, Balder intercepts his attacks and is incapacitated as a result. He awakens a short time later, his Right Eye stolen by Loptr after he steals the Sovereign Power within Loki.
After Loptr succeeds in stealing the Left Eye, he is remade into his complete self (albeit without his good half), Aesir. As he mocks humanity's free will, he proceeds to finish off Bayonetta. Balder interrupts and states that humans don't need any sort of being to obey. Despite Aesir's protests against humanity's free will on account of their fear of causing confusion and turmoil, he delivers an ultimatum that the power of man involves the ability to move forward no matter what. Both Bayonetta and Balder battle Aesir. During the battle, Loki destroys the Eyes of the World with his trump card, the power of "nothingness", or the ability to destroy anything.
Balder and Bayonetta finish him off by summoning Omne to deliver the final blow, the being performs a dropkick powerful enough to seperate his soul from his body. Aesir's soul attempts to use its remaining power to return to the spirit realm so that it can be reborn in a new era; Balder traps the entity within himself in order to prevent this. Content with his sacrifice, Balder ignores Loki's warning that he will soon be corrupted. Balder refers to Bayonetta as "Cereza" and reveals that he had figured out that she was his daughter. The Lumen Sage makes Bayonetta promise to stop him if he strays from his chosen path; he asks that the Umbra Witch refer to him just once as "Daddy." Bayonetta obliges. Balder promises he will watch over his daughter and is sent back to his own time.
Having been poisoned by the influence of Aesir's soul that is trapped within him, the experience causes Balder to become corrupt. He then damages Crescent Valley by impaling a spear through the statue of a witch and dons a new mask. From within Balder's body, Aesir continued on with the Witch Hunts.
Events between Bayonetta 2 (Past) & Bayonetta
As a result of the Witch Hunts, all but two of the Umbra Witches are declared dead. Balder then founded what was known as the Ithavoll Group at some point, starting out as a medium sized IT company and expanded its business base to become one of the world's leading conglomerates. With the construction of Isla Del Sol, the rapid expansion of his organization, and the taking advantage of the worship of the Laguna by the people of Vigrid, he effectively bends the entire city-state to his will and control. With this, he plots to one day resurrect Jubileus and remake reality with Paradiso in control.
Desiring to find his sealed daughter, he hires Antonio Redgrave and has him work to uncover the location of his daughter. However, Antonio begins spreading rumors concerning the nature of the Ithavoll Group and its CEO. Balder intentionally begins leaking information regarding himself to the journalist, aware that Antonio has been spreading rumors in an attempt to uncover the truth and as a warning to his extent of his power and influence. Antonio succeeds in tracking down the location in which his daughter, Cereza, was sealed away. Promptly after she awakened, he sends angels to kill Antonio.
Twenty years after his daughter's return from her sealed slumber, Balder and his forces later track down one of the surviving Umbra Witches, Jeanne. Capturing her, he then subjects her to mental reprogramming with his magical abilities in order to help Cereza, now going by the name Bayonetta, recover from her amnesia and awaken the power of the Left Eye of Darkness.
When Bayonetta finally reaches Isla Del Sol, Father Balder reveals his daughter's parentage and Cereza's true identity. Father Balder tells Bayonetta of his plan to awaken the Left Eye; when Luka appears before him, the corrupt Lumen Sage states that he was truly the one who caused Antonio Redgrave's death. Father Balder throws Luka out a nearby window; he fuses with Cereza and fights Bayonetta as they fall from the Ithavoll Building. Bayonetta shoots Father Balder in the forehead with Rosa's lipstick, seemingly killing the man.
After she returns Cereza to her own time, Bayonetta is overcome with pain and Father Balder reveals that he survived his daughter's attack. The corrupt Lumen Sage explains that the Left Eye's power was reawakened after Bayonetta's memories returned; he ascends with his daughter up to the statue of Jubileus and launches it into outer space. Father Balder and Bayonetta become Jubileus' eyes, but the liberated Jeanne frees her Umbran sister in order to destroy the resurrected deity. Father Balder is seemingly killed once again when Jubileus absorbs him into her body.
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Father Balder's motivations for recreating the universe are relatively the same from the game's narrative, but the final battle is changed so that he is able to pilot Jubileus from within her body, and Bayonetta and Jeanne are able to do the same with Sheba using their joint summoning spells. The two goddesses and their summoners clash across space until Bayonetta is able to subdue Jubileus using her Wooden Pony Torture Attack. Jeanne casts a spell on All 4 One, allowing Sheba to use it as an energy cannon to finish off her counterpart, while Bayonetta loads Scarborough Fair with Rosa's lipstick and aims for Balder's head. Bayonetta reminds Balder that Rosa was trying to save his soul, and his last word before being eviscerated by Jeanne and Bayonetta's attacks is her name.
Bayonetta 2 (Present)
Following the destruction of Jubileus, The Creator, and while it was Christmas, Father Balder is revealed to have survived the deity's battle with Bayonetta. The last Lumen Sage struggles to contain the soul of Aesir within himself; in his last moments, free of Aesir's possession, Balder puts on his monocle and falls to the ground. He thanks Bayonetta for keeping her promise to him and vows that he will always watch over her. Balder then happily fades away in a burst of golden light, taking Aesir with him into the afterlife. After his death, the Right Eye of Light was lost from the world forever and the Lumen Sages are now extinct.
In his younger years, Balder was an extremely powerful foe; his skills rival those of Bayonetta herself in the present time. Throughout their altercations, he held his own with his daughter and was one of the few opponents Bayonetta didn't have a clear victory with. Possessing superhuman strength, stamina, agility, and durability, he is a skilled sword and staff wielder. He also proved superior in fighting skill to Loki. Although little is seen, he has some skill in hand-to-hand combat as he uses kicks within his style. Perhaps his best asset is his speed. He is capable of appearing to his foes at the blink of an eye and moving in such speeds that he creates afterimages of himself. During his first fight with Bayonetta, he was able to throw his glaive and outpace it after being thrown and appeared behind the witch to catch his weapon.
In the present day, he was still formidable fighter on par with Bayonetta. Although he lacks the same speed he had in his youth, he was still a physically powerful opponent. He was able to snap the neck of Gomorrah with incredible ease, choke Bayonetta with one arm, and backhand a large satellite. He was also very durable and resilent in the present day, able to survive an attempt of being devoured by Gamorrah, the colliding of a building and later a satellite towards himself, a head-shot by Bayonetta, and even managed to survive Jubileus's crushing him and the crash of her deceased body after it had re-entered the Earth's atmosphere.
Balder was noteworthy within his clan in becoming a powerful Sage. As a Lumen Sage, he has vast ability in the usage of magic, specifically the Light Arts magic in which rivaled that of the Dark Arts used by the Umbra Witches.
In his younger years, he displays powerful varying magics; he can create multiple celestial fireballs or spheres of lighting, call down a ray of light, create lava from the ground, levitation to achieve flight, create harden rays of light similar to that of a sword, a shield, and healing. He also was capable of sealing, having taken the soul of Loptr into his own body and proved sufficient enough to seal him for the rest of his life, despite the risks. He also displayed time manipulation which, instead of stopping time like Light Speed, slows down time more similarly to Witch Time and can be activated via a clock-like seal that extends a few feet away. Furthermore, he can shorten the duration of Witch Time in battle much like other angels and Bayonetta herself.
In his older years, he grew proficient enough to be capable of mentally reprogramming people as powerful as the Umbra Witch, Jeanne, and once merge the younger version of Cereza to his body. He can also erect powerful shields capable of defending him from Gomorrah and Scolopendra and creates powerful burst of energy capable of slaying the latter. He also displayed telekinesis powerful enough to lift skyscrapers and throw a satellite from space in orbit towards Bayonetta in seconds. In Bloody Fate, he explained that he was capable of creating a portal through space-time distortion from the influence of the impending resurrection of Jubileus to bring back the Cereza of the past, showcasing a greater ability of time manipulation. He also demonstrated capability in casting lighting above others and wind manipulation.
Light Arts & Magic Techniques
- Light Speed: A technique origination from Temporal Control in which he stops time altogether. Those whom are skilled in using other Temporal Control-related techniques (such as Umbra Witches) can shorten the duration.
- Beast Within: A technique that transforms a user into an animal. His particular form is known as Wolf Within, which transforms Balder into a white wolf.
- Lumen's Climax & Serious Mode: Similar techniques that both allow Balder to enter a super powered state, characterized by peacock wings on his uniform. Lumen's Climax allows Balder to summon the Laguna via phrases while in combat, increase his attack power, and create giant manifestations of his Holy Glaive and is characterized by a yellow aura. While Serious Mode is similar in appearance, he lacks the yellow aura and instead uses more magical-related attacks and more powerful magic.
As a Lumen Sage, he is capable of summoning the Laguna at his beckoning, summoning either using the peacock feathers in his wings as a conduit or a snap of a finger. Specificaly, he is mostly seen summoning the Auditio, whom are among the third highest ranking of the angels.:
Due to the father/daughter bond between that of himself and Bayonetta as well as their affiliation with the respective light and dark powers, both of them were capable of summoning the omniscient being, Omne. In Bloody Fate, Balder was also capable of bring forth Jubileus after having his daughter awaken her Left Eye. After being separated, he was then capable of healing her body and taking control of Jubileus.
A treasure of the Lumen Sages, Balder later inherited one of the Eyes of the World given to the Lumen Sages by Aesir long ago. With both Eyes, those who wield them could alter reality. Alone, however, their power wasn't as great. In his older years, Balder was capable of using the Right Eye of Light proficiently. He was capable of easily destroyed the moon with a powerful ray of energy. He was also said to have achieved a level of omniscience close to that of a god, although he is not all-knowing.
- Peacock Feathers: Balder's range weapon of choice is magic peacock feathers that acts as knife-like weaponry. He can create many of these using his magic in addition and surround his opponents with them.
- Battle Robes: Balder wore a battle robe in his youth weaved in divine thread capable of warding off evil. These robes also came with a mask that help him focus on a singular target.
- Holy Glaive: Balder in his younger years wielded a glaive in which was capable of split into two weapons or combined to act similarly to a staff. He also used his magic to teleport and enlarge it's size towards his enemies.
- "My name is Balder. But if you so choose, you may address me as… Father."
- "The Trinity of Realities wrapped up in a vortex of creation!"
- "My, oh my…"
- "The time has come to awaken the Eyes of the World."
- "May Jubileus, The Creator, grace you!"
- "Fear not, my child, for no harm will come to you. I'm always watching over you… My dear, sweet child."
- "I'm waiting, dear daughter."
- "I've waiting for 500 years to come."
- "The girl will find her way here in the end."
- "Her path is predestined. And I'll tell you why."
- "I understand the rules of the three worlds. I see it all.
- "Our actions will help in the reconstruction of the supreme world."
- "You're wrong. The world is already in chaos."
- "My daughter and I must become the eyes of the world. And unless the three world merged as one, there will be no true order, no true peace."
- "You don't have capacity to understand."
- "Yet you cannot distance yourself from me.
- "The angels work hard for me."
- "You too, Jeanne."
- "I've waited for 500 years."
- "You must be looking forward to seeing her again."
- Everything we do is to prepare for the coming of the Creator, Jubileus."
- "The creation of a new world draw close."
- "Awaken, dear daughter!"
- "Yes... come here."
- "If you're a good girl. Mummy will come for you."
- "You can wait on your own?"
- "I've been waiting for 500 years... ...for the chance to purge the chaotic worlds......of heaven, hell and human world...With the resurrection of Jubileus, the three worlds will become void and be reborn."
- "Cereza, You and I will become gods of this new world!"
- "What have you done? What have you done!! What have you done!! What have you done!!"
- "My dear daughter, Cereza. How dare you turn a sword on me? I won't have it!"
- Transform the world... There's still time. Open your eyes, Cereza."
- "Such nonsense. The creation of the new world will bring true salvation."
- You struggle in vain!"
- "Daughter......this lowly world torn Rosa and I apart. The world must be transformed. It must be!"
- "Rosa..." (last words)
- "Where is she?"
- "Then this will be all the easier."
- "Umbra Witch…or shall I call you Bayonetta?"
- "Your impudence will cost you your life, Witch!
- "Very well then, Bayonetta. You shall be the first Umbra Witch to die at my hands! I swear it on my honour as a Lumen Sage."
- "Why must you keep interfering!?"
- "He will not be forgiven! He will never be forgiven! On my soul as a Lumen, he will draw his last breath before me!"
- "We may not see our next step, we may stumble, we may fall off the path. But we always move forward! That is the power of man!'"
- "What's wrong can be made right through human hands!"
- "Cereza... Just one time, call me... Daddy..."
- "Thank you... Cereza... My dear, sweet child..."
- "You will not escape this fate! We will perish together!"
- "My dear, sweet child… At last, you have fulfilled your promise to me… Fear not, for I am always watching over you…" (last words before his death)
- "Are you frightened?"
- "Face me anytime."
- "The power of the Sage is infinite!"
- "You have no chance here!"
- "Those who have taken from me will see that they're taken from."
- "Light shines forever!"
- "This is your fate!"
Character Selection/Tag Climax
- "I am the Right Eye."
- "Glory be to the Lumen!"
- "I accept this task…humbly."
- For more pictures and screenshots of Balder, click here.
- It was revealed for the 2 Year anniversary of Bayonetta 2's release that Yasuke Hashimoto, director of Bayonetta 2, had originally planned to have Balder playable in Story Mode with his own stages. They would have start at different point's on the 'table' that represented the stage selector, with him fighting Demons as she fought Angels. His story would be told from his perspective, up until the two separate story paths would come together as he and Bayonetta join forces to take on Aesir, but, he instead became a character for Tag Climax.
- During development of the first game, Kamiya described that he had envisioned Balder as originally having good intentions in the past and that he would have wanted to explore his history with Rosa. This is partially addressed in the second game, in which Balder is depicted as being sympathetic whereas his antagonistic role in the first game is depicted to be the result of Loptr's influence corrupting his soul. When asked if he had planned the general idea of Balder's character well before development of the second game or if it was merely thought of afterwards, Kamiya acknowledged that it was the former.
- Just as the blood Bayonetta sheds in battle transforms into rose petals before it disappears, the blood spilt from the Masked Lumen transforms into golden feathers.
- The Masked Lumen is voiced by Crispin Freeman and Takehito Koyasu in the English and Japanese versions of Bayonetta 2, respectively.
- His Beast Within form, the wolf, is rather ironic considering that Balder is named after the norse deity of light, and wolves in norse mythology chase after and hunt the Sun and Moon.
- Father Balder is voiced by Grant Albrecht and Norio Wakamoto in the English and Japanese versions of Bayonetta, respectively.
- "System 16," the name of SEGA's arcade board system, is written on the satellite that Father Balder uses as a ray gun in his battle against Bayonetta.
- If the player does not steer Bayonetta's lipstick bullet correctly, Father Balder regains his composure and lunges at the screen in which it triggers a game over.
- Balder had deliberately modeled his appearance after Father Rodin's own.
- Balder is one of the few characters to appear in all of the games; the others are Bayonetta, Jeanne, Luka, Rodin, Enzo, Rosa
- ↑ Bayonetta Achievements refers to him as this.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Bayonetta
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 3.31 3.32 3.33 3.34 Bayonetta 2
- ↑ Bayonetta - Father Balder's entry in the Hierarch of Laguna book
- ↑ Bayonetta 2 - Balder/Masked Lumen Hierarchy of Laguna entry. (Note: this is the entry present before the reveal of him being Balder).
- ↑ Bayonetta 2 - Balder/Masked Lumen Hierarchy of Laguna entry. (Note: this is the entry present after the reveal of him being Balder).
- ↑ Bayonetta 2 - Rosa:It's been twenty years since i last saw you...
- ↑ Bayonetta - Father Balder's entry
- ↑ Eyes of Bayonetta 2 - "With magic on par with the dark arts....."
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
- ↑ Bayonetta 2 - Balder's Heirarchy of Laguna entry mentions this
- ↑ Eyes of Bayonetta Art book
|Bayonetta (Gallery) • Jeanne (Gallery) • Zero • Enzo • Rodin (Gallery) • Luka • Cereza (Gallery) • Antonio Redgrave • Umbran Elder • Rosa • Father Balder (Gallery) • Jubileus the Creator • Eva|
|Masked Lumen (Gallery) • Loki • Loptr • Aesir|
|Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One|
|Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive|
|Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy|
|Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth|
|Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba|
|Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia|
|Golem • Fortitudo • Temperantia • Iustitia • Sapientia • Father Balder • Jeanne • Jubileus the Creator •|
|Gomorrah • Valiance • Glamor • Masked Lumen • Valor • Insidious • Prophet • Alraune • Balder • Loptr • Aesir • Rodin, The Infinite One|